Q. How do I get UpToDate access on my electronic device?
Please follow the instructions below to gain access to UpToDate:
- Go to the Library's website: jps.hsc.unt.edu
- In the "Find" box, make sure that "Databases & Articles" is selected and in the dropdown menu labeled "Select a database" select "UpToDate" from the menu and click "Go".
- Important: you need to be at JPS to complete the following steps.
- In the top right corner, be sure you are connected to the JPS Health Network. (It will say "Welcome, JPS Health Network"). You will need to be connected to the network in order to get full access to UpToDate.
- Register for an account if you do not already have one. You can find the link in the top right corner.
- Optional: Download the UpToDate app onto your mobile device (iTunes, Play Store etc.)
- Once downloaded, log into the app.
- Important: To get continuous access to UpToDate, you will need to re-connect to the JPS network every 90 days.
Alternatively, if you do not wish to make an account, you can just follow step 1 and the first part of step 2. If you are off-site, you will be prompted to enter your JPS credentials which will then give you full access to UpToDate. (Note: you will not be able to use the app if you use this option).